UPGRADING THE CONTROL SYSTEM CAN HELP INCREASE THE AVAILABILITY OF THE WHOLE SYSTEM.
Control systems have a tendency to fail faster than the equipment that it is controlling, and without the control the system equipment will not run. Powergen Controls LLC offers various levels of control system upgrades to match your needs. Talk to us before an upgrade becomes a matter of urgency. With highly qualified engineers and long term experience Powergen Controls is your right partner.
SOME REASONS FOR UPGRADING:
1. Critical Installation / Controls For Life Safety Equipment:
How critical the system is depends on the application the system is in. Redundant systems is one of the most critical systems, most redundant installations have one or two spare units when they are put into service. However with time, applications change, new loads are added, standards are changed, etc.
2. Power generators in offshore platforms.
Typically the existing generators in offshore platforms are use to power new satellite platforms, decreasing the availability of the power generation system.
3. Gas compression stations.
Gas demand increases every year, requiring more pumps and new controls to be integrated with the existing systems.
4. Base load / peak shaving generators.
Generators are run for longer periods of times every year, increasing maintenance intervals and requiring more controls and monitoring systems.
BENEFITS OF UPGRADING:
The result is that the demand of the installation increases year by year. And at the same time the true availability of the installation decreases due to aging. Retrofitting the control system can help increase availability of the whole system:
- New control systems provide better quality of information to the operators, helping prevent mayor failures.
- New control systems can detect when maintenance is require.
- New control systems can report the equipment efficiency and total fuel consumption, helping managers budget the annually cost more realistic.